Posted by Friday, December 18, 2015

Fall, berries and greens....Oh My

This was my very first wedding at my internship and man was I nervous! Ok picture this: I'm on my way to Annapolis to meeting my boss, Elle, at the church for the ceremony and once I arrive my boss tells me "Brittany I need you to take the wedding cake to the reception site." With a perplexed looked on my face I say "yes, ok, of course I can." All the while my heart is jumping out of my chest. So we stashed the cake in my trunk and front seat (2 separate pieces) and I hop back in the car and proceed to take the cake to Ox Hill, which was about a 30 minute drive, mind you it's about 90 degrees outside. So I arrive at my location and I look in the trunk and THE CAKE HAS MELTED! I literally almost started crying. I tried to call my boss but her phone died, so I waited for Jill, her sister and event planner, to arrive. Once she did I told her about our dilemma and she said "no worries we'll just put it in the freezer." I was relieved to say the least, but then the real stuff began.  Everything was happening so fast, moving a table here, chandeliers being put there, limens here! Everything was so crazy but I got a huge rush. However, it didn't help that I was in 100 degree weather and hadn't drunk any water all day, BAD COMBO and did I mention it rained! But it was all worth it seeing the bride and grooms face, can you say priceless! My first day was crazy, hectic, wet, tiring but worth it!

(All photos from the same source Natalie Frank )







( this pesky cake, beautiful)

Venue : Oxon Hill Manor
Photographer :Natalie Frank
Florist : My Flow Box
Cake: Mother of Bride
Caterer : Parings Bistro
Farm Table: Party Plus Events
Linens: Linen Hero

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @_glitterplay