Posted by Friday, December 18, 2015

How to make your home feel homey


I get tones of comments from my friends when they come over to my place to visit. But the one comment I love hearing is " it feels so homey here." I LOVE THAT. Because it lets me know I've achieved success! The goal when I started the design process for my new apartment, was that I wanted my guest to feel welcome and at home. There is nothing like having a guest want to move in at the end of their visit, it makes me smile on the inside.  

It doesn't take a lot for you to turn your home into the ultimate place to crash. Not only do you want your guest to feel welcome but you want your home to be a place you love coming to. At the end of the day, I cannot wait to get in my car and get to my beautiful home. And that's how it should always be.

So for you readers in need to a homey makeover here are a few tips to keep not only you but others knocking down your door to get in.


Set the mood:
And by this I really mean set the mood. Almost every day that I come home I light a candle or two and put on some music. It helps me relax and wind down from the stresses of the day. When you have guest over they can already tell you are in a good mood and it will put them in a good mood. 

Keep the air smelling sweet:
I am a sucker for an apple cinnamon air wick air freshener. When you first walk into anyones home the first thing you will notice is the smell, which can leave a good or bad impression on someone. Whether they smell an apple cinnamon air-wick or fried chicken, that's the first thing anyone will notice and it sets the mood for the entire visit. Because think about it, if someone's home smells bad, will you want to stay there?

Keep good energy:
Everyone can feel energy, whether good or bad it can be felt and trust me no one want to be in the company of bad energy. Everyday when I get home from work I make sure to leave work at work and any bad energy outside. I have a brick wall next to my door and I touch it right before I walk in and I release any bad energy into that wall and leave it outside. It doesn't have to be a brick wall it can be anything but leave any drama, strife, hate and bad energy at the door. 

I hope these tips help you keep your home homey. Comment below and share some of your tips.

Britt :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @_glitterplay